KLEPTOWATCH 2012: NAME THAT SHAME
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY.
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE A
CONTESTANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
OPEN TO ELIGIBLE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA,
VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE OTHERWISE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
KleptoWatch 2012: Name that Shame is sponsored by 100Reporters LLC (“Sponsor”), located at 910 17th Street, N.W., Suite 316 Washington, D.C. 20006.
The contest is intended to “name and shame” visiting government officials who spare no expense at New York City’s top hotels and restaurants, department stores, boutiques and jewelry stores during the United Nations General Assembly, while their citizens back home struggle through austerity and, often, widespread poverty.
100Reporters is seeking videos and photos that capture the vast disconnect between the comfy life of the governing elite in much of the world and the austerity or widespread poverty of their countrymen. The contest runs from September 24th through October 1st, with the winner collecting $250 and a prize certificate from 100Reporters.
- CONTEST PERIOD: Photographs and videos may be submitted no earlier than 9:00 am ET on September 24, 2012 and no later than 11:59 pm October 1, 2012 (“Contest Period”). The Prize Winner will be informed [describe how he/she will be notified]. The Sponsor’s computer shall be the official Contest Period clock.
- Eligibility/entries: A “Contestant” must be a legal resident of the 50 United States or District of Columbia, and be at least eighteen (18) years of age (or, in the case of residents of Alabama or Nebraska, nineteen (19) years of age and in the case of Mississippi twenty-one (21) years of age) at the time of entry. Officers, directors, agents, sales representatives, distributors, and employees of Sponsor (and the household members and immediate family members, e.g., children, spouse, siblings, parents) are not eligible to enter or win. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and/or regulations and every action taken by a Contestant in the Contest must comply with these laws and regulations. The Contest is void in Puerto Rico and where otherwise prohibited or restricted by law.
Participation in the Contest constitutes Contestant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Contestants waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these rules. Multiple entries are permitted.
- HOW TO ENTER AND VOTING: An eligible Contestant may submit his or her photograph (“Submission”) by emailing the photo to kleptowatch@100R.org, during the Contest Period or by mailing the photograph the Sponsor’s address: 100Reporters, 910 17th Street, NW, Suite 316, Washington, D.C. 20006. Videos may be submitted by email to kleptowatch@100R.org or by uploading to YouTube using the tag #kleptowatch and sending link on entry form available here.
- All mailed Submissions must be postmarked, first class mail postage prepaid, by the end of the Contest Period (October 1, 2012).
By uploading, emailing or mailing the Submission, the Contestant agrees that his/her Submission conforms to all of the Official Rules, including, but not limited to, the Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined in Sections 4, 5 and 6 below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”).
- SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: Each Submission:
- must be original and may not be plagiarized;
- must have been taken by the Contestant; must have been taken in a public place, e.g. a street, other place in which the public may enter freely, or in a location in which the subject has no reasonable expectation of privacy, e.g., a hotel lobby, auditorium, meeting place, etc.
- may not have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means.
- must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, lewd, pornographic, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- GENERAL SUBMISSION TERMS: Uploading or mailing a Submission constitutes Contestant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display the Submission in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional and/or marketing purposes. If requested, Contestant must sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights Contestant is granting to use the Submission. Sponsor reserves the right to remove a Contestant’s Submission and disqualify a Contestant from the Contest if Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that a Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions. The Prize Winner hereby agrees to assign all intellectual property rights held in the Submission to Sponsor upon the selection of the Submission as the winning Submission.
- HOW WINNER WILL BE SELECTED: 100Reporters’ editors will make an initial selection of pictures submitted for posting to the website at http://100R.org and on its Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/100Reporters?ref=hl. The editors will take into account the number of favorable comments each photo garners on the 100R.org website, and the number of “likes” on 100Reporters’ Facebook page, as well as the newsworthiness and quality of photos and videos submitted.
- HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE, AFFIDAVITS AND RELEASES: Prizes will be mailed to contestants at their given addresses within one week of contest’s conclusion.
- RELEASE: Sponsor is not responsible for illegible, lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected postage due, or undeliverable, e-mail, or postal mail; or for any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability, or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/web site/use accessibility, availability, or traffic congestion, or any technical, mechanical, or typographical or other error, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration information, or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any web site users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to any web site(s). Sponsor is not responsible for any injury or damage, whether personal or property, to Contestants or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and/or proceed with the Contest, including the selection of a Prize Winner, in a manner it deems fair and reasonable including the selection of winners from among eligible entries received prior to such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension. SPONSOR MAKES NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT AS REGARDS TO ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENTS OF THE PRIZES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, AS SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OF EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES. A CONTESTANT MUST CHECK LOCAL LAWS TO LEARN IF ANY OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY.
- INDEMNIFICATION All Contestants agree to defend, indemnify, hold harmless and release Sponsor, and each of its parents, affiliates, licensees, successors and assigns, from and against any and all liability, losses, costs and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) incurred as a result of any Submission submitted in violation of any terms contained in these Official Rules and/or any Submission that violates any laws or regulations, including, but not limited to, those concerning copyright, trademark, defamation and invasion of privacy. In addition, Sponsor is not responsible for and shall be defended, indemnified, held harmless and released by each Prize Winner against any claims, liabilities, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, injuries, death, losses, costs, expenses or damages of any kind resulting from, in connection with, or arising from acceptance, receipt, delivery, use, nonuse, misuse, defect in, inability to use, possession, or loss of a prize. Sponsor shall not be liable to any Contestant, Prize Winner, or any other person and/or party, by reason of any acts of God; any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entities (whether or not they prove to be valid); equipment failure; terrorist acts; earthquake; fire; flood; war; explosion; unusually severe weather; hurricane; embargo; labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal); labor or material shortage; transportation interruption of any kind; work slow-down; civil disturbance; insurrection; riot; or any other cause beyond Sponsor’s sole control. As a condition of participating in this Contest, each Contestant agrees to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor from and against any injuries, death, losses, costs, expenses, damages, claims, judgments, causes of action and any liability of any kind in connection with, resulting from or arising from the Contest, participation in the Contest, including without limitation, acceptance, receipt, delivery, possession, use, misuse, inability to use, defect or nonuse or loss of the prize that may be awarded.
- DISPUTES: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN THE COUNTY OF MANHATTAN, NEW YORK. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES, INC., IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS STREAMLINED ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“JAMS RULES”). THE JAMS RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN MICHIGAN. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN OAKLAND COUNTY, MICHIGAN. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. ANY DEMAND FOR ARBITRATION MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR OF THE TIME THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUED, OR THE CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE FOREVER BARRED.
- PUBLICITY RIGHTS: By entering the Contest and/or accepting the Prize, Contestants agree to allow Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s designee the perpetual right to use their name and statements for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered including live television, world wide, including but not limited to on the World Wide Web and Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except where prohibited by law.
- GENERAL: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. By entering this Contest, Contestants agree to abide by and accept these Official Rules throughout the Contest Period and the decisions of Sponsor or Administrator, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. Contestants waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules. In no event will more prizes be awarded than are stated in these Official Rules. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, this Contest and proceed in a manner it deems fair and reasonable, including the determination of Winners from among all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, to disqualify any individual found, in its sole determination, to be tampering with the operation of the Contest; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of this Contest. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party or like methods to participate in the Contest will void any attempted participation effected by such methods and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same. CAUTION AND WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of any conflict with any Contest details contained in these Official Rules and Contest details contained in Contests Materials (including but not limited to point of sale, television, and print advertising, promotional packaging, and other promotion media), the details of the Contest as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
- Winner list: The name of the Winner will be posted October 5, 2012 on the 100Reporters website and its Facebook page.
910 17th Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20006
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administrated by, or associated with, Facebook®. Contestants understand that they are providing their information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook®. Facebook® is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc. All rights reserved.